We offer to consult for organisations at a few different levels. Here we work on product development, technical architecture, software engineering and software engineering organisations in roles like:
- Technical and Software Engineering leadership (interim CTO, Interim Engineering management and Engineering Team leadership)
- Software and systems architecture, systems integration, technology selection, technical deliverability, and technical risk assurance.
- Coaching, advice and mentoring in implementation “modern software development” including agile processes, development effectiveness, Continuous Integration and Continuous Delivery (CI/CD), Test driven development (TDD), code workflows and code quality assurance and user centered design.
Day to day this is mostly about, given the engineering idea of the art of the possible: let’s find the difficulty and blockages in software engineering delivery, personnel, product processes and put in place what is needed to improve effectiveness. That could turn into things like:
- recruitment strategy; hiring people; implementing and improving recruitment processes
- adding measurement to development processes, reporting, and feedback from measurement
- improving automatic CI/CD builds and tests
- architecture and software engineering
- improving communications with stakeholders
- coaching, advice and mentoring to individuals and team leads to develop their purpose, impact and effectiveness.